The City of Valparaiso is hosting a free Neighborhood Workshop on Wednesday, June 16 from 6:00 pm to 7:30pm at the Urschel Pavilion in Central Park Plaza. The workshop is designed to inform, educate and offer networking and peer learning opportunities to neighborhood associations and groups. Representatives from neighborhood groups are invited to connect, learn from each other and become more familiar with neighborhood programs and services.
Workshop topics will include:
- Home Team Valpo – how to get involved in the city-inspired nonprofit organization that helps homeowners to make their homes safer, more efficient, more accessible and more comfortable.
- Neighborhood Tree Plantings – how to host a successful neighborhood tree planting in partnership with City Arborist Matt McBain
- Valpo Voice – how to use the City’s website to report concerns or code enforcement issues in your neighborhood
- Neighborhood Grant Opportunities – how to apply for a neighborhood grant up to $15,000 before the July 31 deadline and more details on our new block party mini grants
- Neighborhood Toolkit – pick up a printed copy of our newly refreshed Neighborhood Toolkit or access a digital copy on the Community Engagement page of the city’s website Valpo.us.
To register for the free workshop, call or email Community Engagement Director Maggie Clifton at MClifton@valpo.us or 219-462-1161.