Types of Reports That Can Be Filed Online
If this is an emergency, please call 9-1-1.
Certain types of reports, such as lost property, damage to property, vandalism, and theft from vehicle reports, can be completed online. For a report to be completed online, all of the following must be true:
- The incident is not an emergency.
- The incident occurred within the City of Valparaiso’s city limits.
- There are no known suspects to the incident.
You may file an online case report for the following incidents:
- Any Lost Property - You may not report a lost license plate online; you must contact a police officer.
- Damage to Property - Examples of this include grocery carts striking your car in a parking lot or a tree limbs falling on your vehicle.
- Vandalism Report -This includes damages that total less than $2,500, for example if a mailbox was damaged.
- Theft from Vehicle Report - This includes only damages totalling less than $2,500.
Within two business days a copy of your report can be obtained at the Valparaiso Police Department, located at:
355 S. Washington St.
Valparaiso, IN 46383
Reports must be picked up in person at the police department.
To file a case report click here
All cases filed online will be reviewed. Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted. Making a false crime report is a criminal offense under IC 35-44-2-2.