The Valparaiso Community Engagement Department is responsible for 1) cultivating safe, vibrant neighborhoods; 2) increasing community outreach and partnerships; and 3) leadership development and getting more diverse groups involved. This department can be your resource to learn more about what is happening with the city and opportunities to get involved. This department aims to further connect neighborhoods and advance inclusion in our community by building partnerships and uniting people.
There are a number of resources available to neighborhood groups. The Community Engagement Department is your partner when considering what services would work best for you and what additional services might be helpful for the city to pursue.
- Neighborhood Toolkit
- Neighborhood Directory
- Neighborhood Improvement Grant
- Neighborhood Group Facilitation
- Neighborhood Printing Support
- Neighborhood Walks
- Neighborhood Safety Training
- Special Programming and Events
- Neighborhood Workshops - Representatives from neighborhood groups are invited to attend quarterly "Neighborhood Workshops" to connect, learn from each other and become more familiar with available neighborhood services.
- July 30, 2019 - View the summary.
- February 4, 2020 - View the summary.
- May 19 from 6:00-7:00pm - Virtual Neighborhood Workshop This Workshop, using Zoom, will focus on 2020 Neighborhood Improvement Grants and how to apply. You are invited to join by link, https://zoom.us/j/96840504872, or by dialing 1-312-626-6799 with meeting ID 968-4050-4872#. We recommend joining from your computer using the link so that you are able to see the materials easily during the meeting.